Brother Artesius Miller (12 Ψ 2008) charter has been approved for the Utopian Academy for the Arts, the first state-approved charter school in Georgia, open to all middle schools students throughout Clayton County. Brothers Jai Gilyard (1 Ψ 1996) and George Bandy (12 Ψ 1989) are members of the school's Founding Board . The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having a gender-based classroom environment, longer school day, longer school year, Saturday school, and classes in the dramatic, media, and culinary arts. The idea for this school was the result of matching a need with a solution by serving one of the most historically underrepresented, and underserved communities in the Atlanta area. Read More >>>
- 12.10.13 Van Freeman ('02) Appointed Deputy Director by Obama
- 12.03.13 Ceasar Mitchell ('89) Gets New Falcons Stadium Construction Bill Passed
- 11.25.13 Daryl Butler ('85) Produces Kevin Garnett, Beats by Dre Commercial
- 11.07.13 Artesius Miller ('08) Establishes the Utopian Academy for the Arts
- 10.17.13 Dr. DuBois Bowman ('91) Named Chair of Biostatistics at Columbia University School of Public Health
no current events.