Brother Marlon Kimpson (4 Ψ '89) was elected to the South Carolina Senate in a landslide victory over his opponents. Kimpson breezed to victory in the special election to fill the state Senate held by Robert Ford. Kimpson bested Republican Billy Shuman by a 4-1 margin. Libertarian candidate Alex Thornton received about 1 percent. “Tonight, the people have spoken, and 80 percent of the voters want to take District 42 in a new direction,” Kimpson told a roomful of more than 100 cheering supporters.
- 12.10.13 Van Freeman ('02) Appointed Deputy Director by Obama
- 12.03.13 Ceasar Mitchell ('89) Gets New Falcons Stadium Construction Bill Passed
- 11.25.13 Daryl Butler ('85) Produces Kevin Garnett, Beats by Dre Commercial
- 11.07.13 Artesius Miller ('08) Establishes the Utopian Academy for the Arts
- 10.17.13 Dr. DuBois Bowman ('91) Named Chair of Biostatistics at Columbia University School of Public Health
no current events.